Tonight I have retired to my soft feather bed. As I sit here reading my Bible, I stop to listen to the steady raindrops pelting my aged rooftop. The snow had stopped earlier in the afternoon and turned to rain as the temperature rose far above freezing. The wind is still actively directing the song and pitch of the heavenly notes. I have yet to decipher the tune, but it is a familiar one that “will” come to me!
I delight in the cracking and creaking of this old place. My candle rests securely in the holder on my nightstand, while the flame dances restlessly with the draft that passes through it. I am so happy that I have a warm dressing cape over my shoulders as I gaze at the flame with amusement.
Should I fall asleep, I am assured that the candle will burn itself out rather quickly, because its current length has dwindled to a mere stubble!
I think it is so clever a thought that my attire for the following day has been draped over the chair closest to the fireplace. I hope that in the morning I will be able to find them toasty warm if the fire promises to holds it’s flame for the duration of the night.
My divinity was a complete disaster today. I do "know" better not to make it when the moisture in the air becomes too great! I must lecture myself on the "rules of the kitchen" and "the making of divinity" before I set my mind to complete a task that will surely lead to ruination.
My eyes are becoming so heavy with sleep. I am not sure if it is age or just working so hard around the cottage today that wore me out! My bedtime bonnet is snuggly secure upon my head and I feel that I am ready to drift away to a dreamy state of contentment.
I pray that you are deliciously tucked away this evening also resting in the arms of the Lord. I pray that He keep you safe and warm tonight.
...enjoying my portion of your divinity. Made with love- it is delicious!
ReplyDeleteabsolutely inspiring!
ReplyDelete