Saturday, February 16, 2008

On Route to Sommerville...

I have forgone my early morning walk around the lake to embark on a visit of a friend in the neighboring village of Sommerville, a days drive from here. I have been in the mood for traveling the countryside. I wish to stay here a month at the earliest and look very much to this visit! She is a fine dear friend who enjoys all the diversions that I engage in.

Miss Farlington is but a year younger than I and I won't devulge that number for it goes beyond the limit of modest propriety. In a day that is rampart of vulgar and lewd thought and decadence, I wish to hold on to the style and grace of the past which elegant females adhered to.

We have currently disinbarked the Overland Route Carriage and now I find myself waiting in the Nautical Pub. The horses were quite tired and I am glad for myself that they are in the process of changing them at this Post. The pub is noisy and quite busy for the mid morning! There are people from all different persuasions. Some very loud and bolsterious, some quite and sedate and even some curiously sitting quietly against the white plastered walls and hard benches that are allowed for the traveler!

I feel quite comfortable sitting among the crowd, reading this fine novel and sipping my hot black tea waiting for the final leg of this journey.

Ah, there they call for the loading of the carraige and I must close for today. I will keep you posted as to the great adventure I will have with my dear friend, Emogene. Please be patient for a lengthy reply to follow within the week. God Bless your day!

1 comment:

  1. I am quite eager to hear how the visit went. Was the journey fairly horrid? haha. With Love.

    ReplyDelete