Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Robins, Quail and the like....

They all gathered around me as I set out the feed for the evening. Never before have they all been so anxious as this particular day. Robin dearest was in her finest red hat, one with the feather affixed so properly within the band. Miss Quixana Quail already had her own top knotch gloriously displayed, brushed to a very fine tip.

This evening was the Birdies Ball over @ the Manse of the distinguished Alberta and Oswald Owl. Alberta known in society, and her husband always hosted the brightest and dare say, the most elegant of ball's in the countryside!.....to be continued

1 comment:

  1. I keep checking for any news from Chipping Campdon...! Picked blueberries this afternoon near the river, but the heat was most oppressive. I thought a blueberry tart sounded tantalizing. I will ride the horses this weekend, though they are, I'm sure, quite wild from want of exercising. I'm reading a very good story. Send my love to our cousin. The chickens are splendid. No eggs!

    Your dearheart.

    ReplyDelete