Friday, May 23, 2008

A Pleasant Week Indeed…

This has been a very pleasant week indeed!

I have done ever so much and delighted in all that I have done. I believe the best part of each day has been savoring each moment by itself. How often we don’t take the time to really take in the moment and hence, lose sight of the significance at that point in time!
It has taken me several years to realize that this is what the LORD had in mind for me, and everyone who believes in the saving grace of Jesus. I have often wondered if I truly knew how special each day has been in my life. With all the bad and good, the mundane and the exciting, my life experiences have balanced out into creating in me a new heart that sees life from a different vantage point.

I see myself standing on a great ridge overlooking a view of a beautiful valley. In this valley are times and places I have visited in my life. It is such an awesome way to chronicle the path your life takes. Over my shoulder is my best friend, Jesus, encouraging me to review and learn from all the things that have happened in my life, telling me that I have much more to learn about Him and showing me His love and the great value that I possess. With His hands on my shoulders, He points here and there explaining why these things had to happen and how he directed my steps as I chose my path. I see His hand and pointed index finger excitedly telling me to look here and there, He is so proud of His daughter and how I have been faithful believing in Him and choosing Him time after time, even when I was criticized and rebuked.

I am not allowed to turn around and face my Master and see my future, but only allowed to look at the precious path before me. As I take each step, it wondrously illuminates the smallest area around me, beautiful and full of Grace. In that area I may pick and choose from the myriad of choices that He gathers before me, do I help here, or take from there, or how do I understand this, some of the choices are not mine at all, but His!


I am so grateful for the experience, understanding, and insight that has allowed me to redirect my thinking along a new and exciting path. Remember, in Romans 12: 1 - 2, the Bible tells us to renew our minds each day and not to be conformed to this world’s thinking - my paraphrase! This information is transforming and lets me think freely without consent of the culture in which I live. I am free to think the things of God and what is important to Him for my life, to understand how to make the choices before me, the true meaning to live in Christ is certainly a breathe of very fresh air!

Today has been spent with a special friend in being a servant to her, taking her to an appointment and running errands with her. I feel my best, when I walk with the LORD down these paths, some that I choose and some that He chooses for me; it is there that I am truly free and filled with His love and peace within my soul. It is there that I am being in His will for my life, I'd like doing this ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment