Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stormy Day

Awoken by the charge of an electric bolt crashing to the ground, I stumbled out of the safety of a warm nights repose. All is as it should be this day with the dark skies addressing the tender ground with a deluge. Water runs off to the coarsing creek, taking with it spent leaves, small pebbles and broken twigs.

I turn back from the window and warm my hands by the fire, while I stir the pot of stew for the evenings meal. Porridge is also warming for breakfast as a loaf of crusted bread steams on the table's surface. A long day ahead with baking and cooking, but I find the duties delightful.

I thank the Lord for all that He has provided for this day and thank Him for the blessings He continues to bring my way.

If all is as it should be than what I do each day is a day well spent.

1 comment:

  1. We were watching "Ladies" last night and I've decided we're definitely visiting Cornwall!

    ReplyDelete