Well you are not going to believe my statement ....I'm moving back to the cottage! Yes, I have been in Amberside for a year now and can't wait to get back to the homestead. My friends who have let the cottage for all this year have moved to another village which gave me the thought to return. It is currently under the care of my neighbor Tom Morington and his wife Abagail.
Today Imogene and myself are packing up all my belongings, readying for the long and arduous journey back home....I am so excited to walk around the ground that tell so many stories!
Please give my regards to everyone and enlighten them to my arrival in the morning, it takes a good deal out of me when I travel by the Bromley Line...it is nearly 50 miles over the hills and valleys, mostly the ruts in the carriage lane that shake and toss my person.
If it pleases you, I would hope you have considered to come visit me when I get settled in. I know all the ladies in the town will be so gracious and have delectable morsels provided when I arrive home, therefore, I will have something to share with you when you arrive.
I know until then I will be quite busy taking care of the animals and getting back into my old routine.
Well, I better get this letter sent by carrier this morning. You are my dearest and closest friend!
what is the big occasion?
ReplyDelete